Grab a raw potato. Cut it in half with a sharp knife. Draw out some sort of image/shape. Cut around your shape, making the stamp about 7 mm high. Use an old lid from a glass jar, fill it with paint of your choice (fabric paint is good for t-shirts, normal acrylic or maybe even water color is fine for paper printing.) Stamp straight into the lid for a rough print or use a fine brush to make the print “cleaner”, like with the above tea towels. Go crazy and start printing! Have fun, it’s VERY addictive 😛
Ideas of things you can print and print on:
– Black triangels on a white towel for the dishes.
– A simple heart on a girl’s tank top.
– Flowers on napkins or table cloths.
– Shapes on the spine of paper storage holders.
– Geometric shapes on journals and sketch books.
– Something pretty on a canvas bag.