Here is a quick tutorial how to change a boring old scarf into a much easier to wear, infinity scarf!
* A long second hand knitted scarf
* A thick needle (for yarn)
* Yarn (same color as the scarf or close enough)
Here is how to make it:
1. Grab an arm’s-length of your yarn, thread it through the eye of the needle.
2. Pin the ends of your scarf together, edge to edge, right side to right side!
3. Just like always when you sew by hand, start by securing the thread; sew 4-5 times at the same place. You have to do this in the end as well.
4. As evenly as possible, sew small diagonal stitches along the edge, in and out basically. This will give small straight lines, hardly visibly at the front. Try to only stitch in the first few rows of the knit. Not too deep, really on the edge. Got it? Remember to secure the end!! (Step 3 again).
5. Voilà! My new infinity scarf. Just wrap it around your neck a couple of times, no more loose ends hanging flappy, just neat and nice. Good luck!